Take the IELTS test with the British Council and get the help you need
We offer a number of convenient test dates across our official test centres at many locations, free resources, an easy registration process and a stress-free test environment.
Take the IELTS test at an official British Council test centre and get the help you need
- Free access to Road to IELTS Last Minute course: This includes 100 interactive activities, nine videos with advice and tutorials, and two practice tests for each of the four skills.
- Free access to WORDREADY: This is an online resource delivering personalised vocabulary learning to help you prepare for the test.
- Free practice tests: Access free practice tests online at takeielts.org/prepare or order a copy of the IELTS Practice Book, containing sample tests for IELTS Academic and General Training.
- More choice: Take the test on paper or computer
- Convenient dates and locations: We offer IELTS tests in Biratnagar, Birtamod, Butwal, Chitwan, Kathmandu and Pokhara. Places are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Carefully selected venues: All of our 850 official British Council IELTS test centres have the modern facilities you’d expect and are conveniently located.
- Professional and friendly staff: Highly trained and experienced staff to ensure that your test day runs smoothly.
- Five Test Report Forms (TRF) free: Get five additional copies of your Test Report Form sent free directly to institutions.
- Convenient Payment Options:
OPTION 1 — You can visit any of Nabil Bank's branches/counters in our test locations (Butwal, Chitwan, Biratnagar, Bhairawa, Nepalgunj, Birtamode, Pokhara) and in Kathmandu to make your IELTS payment.
OPTION 2 — You can make your payments through any of the institutions registered with the British Council for IELTS registration such as members of ECAN, IERIN, FECON, EEC-Nepal, Dolphin Education Consultancy, Pradhan International, Vivid Care Services, RTC English and English for All.
OPTION 3 — You can make your payment at the cash counter of the British Council in Lainchaur (opening hours: 9:00 to 2:00 Monday to Friday, lunch break: 12:30 – 1:15).