Take the IELTS test with the British Council and get the help you need
We offer a number of convenient test dates across our official test centres at many locations, free resources, an easy registration process and a stress-free test environment.
Take the IELTS test at an official British Council test centre and get the help you need
- Free access to Road to IELTS Last Minute course: This includes 100 interactive activities, nine videos with advice and tutorials, and two practice tests for each of the four skills.
- Free access to WORDREADY: This is an online resource delivering personalised vocabulary learning to help you prepare for the test.
- Free practice tests: Access free practice tests online at takeielts.org/prepare or order a copy of the IELTS Practice Book, containing sample tests for IELTS Academic and General Training.
- More choice: Take the test on paper or computer
- Convenient dates and locations: We offer IELTS tests in Biratnagar, Birtamod, Butwal, Chitwan, Kathmandu and Pokhara. Places are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Carefully selected venues: All of our 850 official British Council IELTS test centres have the modern facilities you’d expect and are conveniently located.
- Professional and friendly staff: Highly trained and experienced staff to ensure that your test day runs smoothly.
- Five Test Report Forms (TRF) free: Get five additional copies of your Test Report Form sent free directly to institutions.
- Convenient Payment Options:
Note: All the payments must be made to "British Council Services Nepal Pvt Ltd".
- Make sure you have a valid passport at hand, as you will need to upload a clear photocopy of it when you book your test. Please note that candidates under 18 years of age have to supply written consent by a parent or guardian in order to apply for a test place.
- Pay for your test. You can pay for your test from any of the below options
OPTION 1- You can visit any of Nabil Bank's branches/counters in our test locations (Butwal, Chitwan, Biratnagar, Bhairawa, Nepalgunj, Birtamode, Pokhara) and in Kathmandu to make your IELTS payment.
OPTION 2 - You can make your payments through Standard Chartered Bank in Lazimpat, Sunday- Friday from 10 AM- 2 PM.
Follow the process below for your payment through Nabil bank and Standard Chartered Bank.
Step 1: Please fill the correct deposit slip. (Sample available in the download section below)
Step 2: Once you have filled the deposit slip please check that the details that you have filled are correct. Incomplete deposit slips will not be accepted.
Step 3: Deposit the money along with the deposit slip at the payment collection counter.
Step 4: The bank will give you back the deposit slip. You need to scan the deposit slip along with the copy of your passport and send this to Payment@britishcouncil.org
Step 5: Once British Council has received the deposit slip (step 4) you will receive an email confirming that payment is received and that your test date is confirmed. Confirmation of the test venue will be provided 5 days before the test date by email to the email address provided at the time of registration.
OPTION 3 - You can make your payment at the British Council office premise, Lainchaur, Kathmandu from Monday- Friday, 9 AM- 3:00 PM. (Note Currently unavailable due to COVID-19 and Nepal Government directives.)
Please note that British Council IELTS has followed the standardised process in order to maintain the quality of the test. If you have any concerns or want to report any issues, write to firstname.lastname@example.org with your details and we will get back to you on this.
After you have booked your test
You will receive emails confirming:
- the start time of your test and the venue address
- your Speaking Test date
- your access to the free online preparation course: Road to IELTS Last Minute Version.
You will also receive your IELTS Reference Number to access the Test Taker Portal (IELTS on paper portal | IELTS on computer portal). Login by entering your IELTS reference number and email ID. Your IELTS reference number can be found in your confirmation email. Please make sure that you have included your email address correctly when you book your test.