Take the IELTS test with the British Council and get the help you need
When you book your IELTS test, you want to be focused on achieving the result you need to get where you want to go.
That’s why when you book IELTS with the British Council, we ensure your booking process is as easy as possible, while also providing you with the support you need on your way to test day.
Access to exclusive preparation materials and additional benefits when you book IELTS with the British Council
- Unlimited access to Road to IELTS’s Last Minute course: This includes nine videos giving advice and tutorials, 100 interactive activities and two practice tests for each of the four skills — and it’s free when you register for IELTS with the British Council.
- Free practice tests: Access free practice tests online at takeielts.org/prepare or order a copy of the IELTS Practice Book, containing sample tests for IELTS Academic and General Training.
- Prepare on the go: We have a range of free innovative apps available to help you improve your English skills even when you are on the move.
- Expert support: From videos and books to online interactive courses, you have access to the best preparation materials to help you do well in your test.
- Easy booking: You can either book online or at an official British Council office at Lainchaur, our customer service staff will assist you with the registration process.
- Convenient dates and locations: We have seven test centres (Kathmandu, Pokhara, Chitwan, Butwal, Biratnagar, Birtamod and Nepalgunj) in different cities across Nepal. This means that you have a huge range of options for where and when you want to take your test.
- More options: You can now choose to take your test on paper or on computer at any of our official test centres.
- Five extra Test Report Forms (TRF) free: Get five additional copies of your Test Report Form sent free directly to institutions you are applying to.
- Professional, friendly staff: Highly trained and experienced staff to ensure that your test day runs smoothly.
- Convenient payment options:
OPTION 1 — You can visit any of Nabil Bank's branches/counters in our test locations (Butwal, Chitwan, Biratnagar, Bhairawa, Nepalgunj, Birtamode, Pokhara) and in Kathmandu to make your IELTS payment.
OPTION 2 — You can make your payments through any of the insitutions registered with British Council for IELTS registration such as members of ECAN, IERIN, FECON, EEC-Nepal, Dolphin Education Consultancy, Pradhan International, Vivid Care Services, RTC English and English for All.
OPTION 3 — You can make your payment at the cash counter of British Council in Lainchaur (opening hours: 9:00 to 2:00 Monday to Friday, lunch break: 12:30 – 1:15).