When will I get my IELTS results?
You won’t have to wait long for your IELTS test results.
You can log in to the Test Taker Portal to preview your results. IELTS Results remain online for 28 days but should not be used as an official confirmation of your performance. Please note that if you have taken IELTS for UKVI, the results cannot be viewed online.
If you have taken the paper based test, you will be able to preview your online results after 13 calendar days from the test date after 2 PM.
If you have taken the computer based test, you will be able to preview your results after 3 to 5 calendar days from the test date. Check your results on the Test Taker Portal.
If you lose your Test Report Form or forget your test results, please contact your test centre.
When will I get a physical copy of my result?
Result Collection During The Pandemic
To ensure your safety, you will be informed about your result collection day and time via SMS. For paper-based IELTS, on the 13th day and for computer-delivered IELTS from 3-5 days. You are requested to collect the hard copy of your result on the designated date and time specified in the SMS. If you are not able to collect your result on the specified day and time, you can contact the customer services team at email@example.com or 01- 4237700.
Under normal circumstances, you can collect a hard copy of your IELTS test score the Test Report Form (TRF), from the British Council office in Lainchaur 14 days after the test date for a paper-based test and between 3-5 days for a computer-delivered test. IELTS results will not be disclosed over the phone or through email.
Institutions need original copies of your Test Report Form. Photocopies will not be accepted.
We can send up to 10 additional copies of your TRF directly to the institutions you are applying to. If you would like us to do this, please include the relevant addresses when you book your test.
Please do not forget to give the full postal address of the institution. Without the complete address we are not able to check whether the institution has access to the IELTS Test Report Form Verification Service that allows it to view your results after we have submitted them electronically. In case they do not access this service, we will send your TRF by post.
We currently offer the following modes of transmission of your results:
- Electronic – This will be free of cost. Universities / Institutions that have subscribed to the electronic download of scores (STED RO) will be sent results electronically. The university and its address details on ATRF Forms need to match exactly as mentioned on the downloadable STED RO list. Please find the STED RO list of the universities that accept IELTS scores electronically in the downloads section below.
- International Courier – The courier charge will be charged depending upon the destination country. If your university/Institute is not available on the STED RO list, you are required to send your result via courier. Please find Courier Tariff Rates in the downloads section to know the country-wise fee structure. You will also be provided with the tracking number through SMS.
Can I get additional copies of my IELTS results?
Score reporting via courier
- In the case that the result is required for university admission the new test result will be sent directly to the concerned university. All applicable service and courier charges will be paid by the candidate.
- In the case that the candidate is migrating to another country the candidate must present evidence of him starting the migration application process and in this case, the original TRF will be sent to the concerned embassy or migration agent directly. All applicable service and courier charges will be paid by the candidate.
The following are the documents required to be submitted while requesting ATRF:
- Duly filled ATRF Request Form
- Deposit slip evidencing that all applicable service and courier charge has been deposited in the stipulated account. Refer to the fee structure above.
- Photocopy/Scanned original TRF
- Standard Chartered Bank
- Nabil Bank
Score Reporting Electronically
The following are the document required to be submitted while requesting for Additional Test Report Form electronically. Please check your university availability in our subscribed to the electronic download of scores (STED RO) list for this procedure.
- Duly filled ATRF request form
- Photocopy/Scanned original TRF
Currently, we are accepting result requests to universities for electronic and courier modes via mail with a complete document at firstname.lastname@example.org considering the present circumstances of COVID.
Please note that an additional Test Report Form takes around 10 working days to be processed upon receipt of all the documents.
You can contact the customer services team at email@example.com or 01- 4237700.
If your test centre has been closed, you can order additional test report forms from ielts.org
What does my IELTS score mean?
You will be awarded an IELTS band score from 0-9 for each test section, which reflects your proficiency in English.
Your TRF shows a score for each of the four skills (Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking), as well as an overall band score. You can score whole band scores (for example 5.0, 6.0, 7.0) or half band scores (e.g. 5.5, 6.5, 7.5) in each section of the test.
How long are my IELTS results valid for?
Whether you have taken paper-based or computer-delivered IELTS, organisations will usually not accept your results if they are more than two years old, unless you provide evidence that you have actively maintained or tried to improve your English since taking the test. The IELTS Partners cannot confirm the validity of test results that are more than two years old.
How can I get my IELTS test re-marked?
If you did not receive the score you expected, you can apply for your test to be re-marked. This is called an Enquiry on Results (EOR). You can choose which test sections you want to be re-marked and will need to request this at the test centre where you sat the test.
The fee for this service is NPR.14,500, which will be refunded if your score is increased for any section of the test.
You need to apply for a re-marking within four weeks from the first day of the result distribution, regardless of whether you have taken computer-delivered or paper-based IELTS.
Download the Enquiry on Results Form from the download section below and submit it to the test centre where you sat the test. Make sure you attach your proof of payment.
Enquiries on Results take two to four weeks to complete.
Can I re-take my IELTS test?
There are no restrictions on re-taking IELTS. You can book a test as soon as you feel you are ready to do so.
Please note that your score is unlikely to increase unless you make a significant effort to improve your English before re-taking the test. Visit the preparation section to take a practice test and assess your level.
THE VALIDITY PERIOD OF YOUR TEST REPORT FORM
Institutions will not usually accept a Test Report Form that is more than two years old. After this time you will need to provide them with evidence that you have maintained or improved your English since taking the test.
UNDERSTAND YOUR IELTS SCORES
IELTS provides results for all levels of English: there is no such thing as a pass or fail. You will be given a score from zero to nine for each part of the test – Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking
Find out more about how to understand your IELTS scores and the nine-band system.
Find out how IELTS scores relate to the Council of Europe’s Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).