Frequently Asked Questions
I want to book IELTS date
- Log on to http://www.britishcouncil.org.np/exam/ielts
- On the page displayed click on ‘Register for IELTS now’. This will open the IELTS Online Registration system.
- Now select Test Date, Town/City and Module from the left pane and read the details mentioned on the right pane
- After reading the details and selecting the appropriate options click ‘Find’.
- The next page will display the available test dates with their modules. Click ‘Apply’ on the right side of the date which best suits you
- Complete the online application form.
- Deposit IELTS fee NPR 16,950 at the Cash Counter - British Council, Kathmandu.
- Submit payment slip at the Reception, British Council, Kathmandu
- Payment deadline is 6 working days from the date of registration or 13 days before the exam date whichever is earliest.
Where do I make the payment?
The payment should be made either at cash-counter inside British Council, Lainchaur, Kathmandu. You need to submit one copy of payment slip at the reception or at any of Nabil bank's counter nearest to you.
When will the date open?
The dates are opened on a regular basis. Please stay updated with our website and Facebook page for information regarding availability of test date.
At what time IELTS dates opens?
IELTS dates are released on ORS for registration anytime during office hour, 09:00 AM – 05:30 PM.
Can I transfer my IELTS date to other person?
No, It is not possible to transfer your test date to other person. A fresh registration has to be made by him/her.
I entered a wrong detail while filling up the online form.
All details except passport number can be amended. You may request for amendment through email at email@example.com or visit our office and fill up an amendment form.
Can I request for amendment at any time before my examination?
The amendment request has to be made before 12 days from the date of your examination. Any requests made after the deadline will not be accepted.
There is a mistake in my IELTS result
You may request for TRF amendment after you receive the result. You will have to submit the following documents:
- an application letter
- photocopy of your passport
- original result
The amendment request is subjected to approval. If the request is approved, you will have to pay amendment charge NPR 1500/- and you will be provided with a new result. It may take minimum of 3 to 4 weeks for the whole process.
I do not know about the venue and speaking details
The venue and speaking details will be updated 4-5 days before the test date in the candidate area of our website at https://ielts.britishcouncil.org/CandidateLogin.aspx . You will also receive an SMS regarding your venue, 2 days before the test date.
The Speaking test may take place on the same day or up to seven days before or after the other modules. Candidate will be informed well in advance if it is scheduled before the exam. You will have to bring your original MRP Passport and a photocopy of it. Please make sure you are present at least 20 minutes before your interview time to complete the registration formalities. If you do not arrive by the designated time you will be marked absent and it will not be possible for us to reschedule your speaking test.
My result is on hold
Your result is kept on hold by Cambridge for further verification. You will receive an email if your result is on hold. In case of hold result, we cannot confirm the release date of your result but we will inform you once we receive any update at our end.
I need to attest my IELTS result.
You may attest your IELTS result from our office on Tuesday and Thursday, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM. The attestation charge is NPR 1500/- up to 5 copies. For more than 5 copies, there will be an additional charge NPR 200/- per additional copy. Please bring your original IELTS result for verification along with a photocopy of the same.
Can I attest other documents from British Council?
Besides IELTS result, you may attest the following documents from British Council:
- UK Academic Certificates
- ACCA Certificates
- GCE A-Level Certificates
How can I get a Migration Certificate?
To get a Migration Certificate, you will have to submit the following documents:
an application letter from your school/college (private candidate can write on their own)
original general certificates (which will be returned after verification)
photocopy of the certificates
This takes 14 working days for the process and you will be informed via call once the Migration Certificate is ready.
How can I register as a private candidate?
To register as a private candidate, you will have to submit the following documents:
- filled up registration form
- a no-objection letter from your school/college (not applicable for those who are appearing A-Level for the first time)
- a photocopy of your passport/citizenship
- a photocopy of your school leaving certificate (applicable for those who are appearing A-Level for the first time)
- a photocopy of SoE/SoR/General Certificate (applicable for those who have already appeared A-Level)
For more details, please visit our website:
Do you have IELTS class?
We do not have IELTS class but you may find our online IELTS preparation course Road to IELTS useful.
Is there any English class available?
We do not have Basic English classes but we conduct a few occasionally. We will be posting the notice in our website and Facebook page. Please stay updated and register for the course.
Some useful links: