Frequently Asked Questions
I want to book IELTS date
- Log on to http://www.britishcouncil.org.np/exam/ielts
- On the page displayed click on ‘Register for IELTS now’. This will open the IELTS Online Registration system.
- Now select Test Date, Town/City and Module from the left pane and read the details mentioned on the right pane
- After reading the details and selecting the appropriate options click ‘Find’.
- The next page will display the available test dates with their modules. Click ‘Apply’ on the right side of the date which best suits you
- Complete the online application form.
- Deposit IELTS fee NPR 21,500 either at British Council office, Lainchaur Monday to Friday 9:00 am to 5:30 pm or payment at Standard Chartered, Lainchaur branch [ counter no.5, 10:00 am to 2:00 pm] or payment from any Nabil Bank branch and send mail with payment slip and passport copy at email@example.com
- Submit payment slip at the Reception, British Council, Kathmandu
- Payment deadline is 6 working days from the date of registration or 13 days before the exam date whichever is earliest.
Where do I make the payment?
The payment should be made either at cash-counter inside British Council, Lainchaur, Kathmandu. You need to submit one copy of payment slip at the reception or at any of Nabil bank's counter nearest to you.
When will the date open?
The dates are opened on a regular basis. Please stay updated with our website and Facebook page for information regarding availability of test date.
At what time IELTS dates opens?
IELTS dates are released on ORS for registration anytime during office hour, 09:00 AM – 05:30 PM.
Can I transfer my IELTS date to other person?
No, It is not possible to transfer your test date to other person. A fresh registration has to be made by him/her.
I entered a wrong detail while filling up the online form.
All details except passport number can be amended. You may request for amendment through email at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our office and fill up an amendment form.
Can I request for amendment at any time before my examination?
The amendment request has to be made before 12 days from the date of your examination. Any requests made after the deadline will not be accepted.
There is a mistake in my IELTS result
You may request for TRF amendment after you receive the result. You will have to submit the following documents:
- an application letter
- photocopy of your passport
- original result
The amendment request is subjected to approval. If the request is approved, you will have to pay amendment charge NPR 1500/- and you will be provided with a new result. It may take minimum of 3 to 4 weeks for the whole process.
I do not know about the venue and speaking details
The venue and speaking details will be updated 4-5 days before the test date in the candidate area of our website at https://ielts.britishcouncil.org/CandidateLogin.aspx . You will also receive an SMS regarding your venue, 2 days before the test date.
The Speaking test may take place on the same day or up to seven days before or after the other modules. Candidate will be informed well in advance if it is scheduled before the exam. You will have to bring your original MRP Passport and a photocopy of it. Please make sure you are present at least 20 minutes before your interview time to complete the registration formalities. If you do not arrive by the designated time you will be marked absent and it will not be possible for us to reschedule your speaking test.
My result is on hold
Your result is kept on hold by Cambridge for further verification. You will receive an email if your result is on hold. In case of hold result, we cannot confirm the release date of your result but we will inform you once we receive any update at our end.
When will I receive my IELTS results?
IELTS on Paper: Results will be available online on the 13th day after the test date. You’ll be able to preview your results online on the 13 day of the written examination after 2:00 PM. IELTS Results remain online for 28 days but should not be used as an official confirmation of your performance.
IELTS on Computer: Results will be available online within 3-5 days after the test date. Check your results on the Test Taker Portal.
UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI): Results will be available on the 13th day after the test date. The test result will not be available online.
Life Skills: Results will be available on the 7th day after the test date. The test result will not be available online.
Please be informed that due to the Covid 19 pandemic, we have made some changes in the result distribution process. To ensure your safety, we will inform about your result collection day and time via SMS. WE request you to collect the hard copy of your result on the designated date and time mentioned in the SMS. If you are not able to collect your result on the specified day and time, you can contact the customer services team at email@example.com or 01- 4237700. For more information click here.
I want to send my IELTS scores to the Universities I am applying to, can British Council help me?
Candidates are entitled to 5 free of charge ATRFs to be sent to ROs by normal post. Centres will charge courier if candidates request these to be sent by courier. If you would like us to do this, please include the relevant details during registration for IELTS with the British Council.
How can I get a Migration Certificate?
For Migration Certificate, kindly submit the following documents:
- An application letter from your school/college (private candidate can write on their own)
- Original statement of result certificates (which will be returned after verification)
- Photocopy of the certificates
This takes 14 working days for the process and you will be informed via call once the Migration Certificate is ready. For information on pricing, please click here.
How can I register as a private candidate?
To register as a private candidate, you will have to submit the following documents:
- filled up registration form
- a no-objection letter from your school/college (not applicable for those who are appearing A-Level for the first time)
- a photocopy of your passport/citizenship
- a photocopy of your school leaving certificate (applicable for those who are appearing A-Level for the first time)
- a photocopy of SoE/SoR/General Certificate (applicable for those who have already appeared A-Level)
For more details, please visit our website:
Do you have IELTS class?
We do not have IELTS class but you may find our online IELTS preparation course Road to IELTS useful.
Is there any English class available?
We do not have Basic English classes but we conduct a few occasionally. We will be posting the notice in our website and Facebook page. Please stay updated and register for the course.
Some useful links:
What are the documents British Council attest?
British Council will attest only these three documents:
- UK Academic Certificates
- ACCA Certificates
- GCE A-Level Certificates