Creating Heroines is travelling to the lake city of Pokhara, this winter, as part of Nepal Literature Festival. The British Council is organizing a networking event, a workshop, a talk programme and an exhibition of works created during a masterclass that was held earlier this year.
The three-day workshop titled “Graphic Novel Your Life” will be held in Barahi Hotel, Lakeside, Pokhara, between 19 and 21 December where facilitator Dr Nicola Streeten will work with participants to introduce them to some key stages in developing a graphic novel.
This is the second Creating Heroines workshop that is being held in Nepal.
Dr Streeten will be conversing with Kathmandu-based artist/writer Kanchan Burathoki about her work as a graphic novelist, and the use of the media to tell stories and talk about issues.
The talk is being held in Nepal Literature Festival, Pokhara, on 22 December.
Creating Heroines Exhibition
The works creating during the regional Creating Heroines Masterclass held in February 2018 is being exhibited between 22 and 25 December, during Nepal Literature Festival, Pokhara. The exhibition will feature works created by illustrators
- Samya Arif (Pakistan). Illustrator, designer
- Isuri Merenchi Hewage (Sri Lanka). Illustrator, children's and comic book artist.
- Promina Shrestha (Nepal). Researcher, educator & illustrator.
- Shraddha Shrestha (Nepal). Illustrator, designer, street artist.
- Dr Nicola Streeten (UK). Illustrator, graphic novelist, comics scholar.
- Bandana Tulachan (Nepal). Illustrator and children's book artist
About the Project
Creating Heroines is a project by the British Council which aims to unite artists with members of the public to explore heroines from their past and to imagine and create heroines for the future. It explores the incredible stories behind the side-lined heroines of history and mythology, and uses them to inspire new, imagined heroines of the future!