British Council Nepal is running a lesson plan competition for teachers who’ve taken core skills training. If you’ve taken core skills training with the British Council in the past and are currently working as a teacher preferably in the government system you are eligible to enter the competition.
- Use the lesson planning template (attached). Please note the word limit mentioned on the template
- Send in your lesson plan in either Nepali or English. Your lesson plan should incorporate one of the following core skills:
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Creativity and Imagination
- Digital Literacy
3. Email us your lesson plans to email@example.com by 5 pm on Tuesday, February 5th, 2019 (Magh 22, 2075)
What you’ll get
a. The four teachers sending the best lesson plans will:
- win a laptop each.
- receive personalized mentoring and feedback from a core skills expert based in the UK and from a Nepali core skills trainer
- be filmed on location in his/her school and be part of British Council’s training resource.
b. Six runner up teachers will:
- Win a smartphone each.
Criteria for sending in lesson plans
- You should have had participated in a core skills training. So on your lesson plan template, please mention when and where you’d taken the training along with the names of your trainers.
- You should be currently employed as a teacher at a school preferably in a government school setting.
Background to the Competition
British Council has been delivering core skills training in Nepal since 2012. Since then, many teachers have expressed the wish for a locally produced video resource on incorporating core skills in daily teaching. In response to this feedback, British Council is shooting four videos of lessons incorporating core skills. We’re calling for lesson plans from teachers who’ve taken core skills training with the British Council to send in their lesson plans. Four of these selected lesson plans will be filmed in the teachers’ own classrooms and will be used as a future training/teachers self access resource on core skills.