Request for Applications for Youth Advisory Board members
British Council is setting up a Youth Advisory Board (YAB) to provide a platform to raise youth voices as meaningful input into the British Council Youth programming and to give young people the opportunity to express their views and have their voices heard.
|Closing date||Thursday 29 September 2022|
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We support peace and prosperity by building connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and countries worldwide. Through our arts, education and English programmes, we give opportunities to millions of people worldwide each year. We are on the ground in six continents and over 100 countries. British Council is operating in Nepal since 1959.
British Council is working in the area of youth leadership development. Our Young Leaders Programme supports young leaders and influencers to contribute to trust-building, cohesion and stability in their societies and represent their communities on a local, regional and national stage. The programme will address change around four main thematic areas of concern to young people: (i) Climate Change, (ii) Conflict and stability, (iii) Employability and (iv) Disconnection and alienation.
Youth Advisory Board (YAB)
British Council is setting up a Youth Advisory Board (YAB) to provide a platform to raise youth voices as meaningful input into the British Council Youth programming and to give young people the opportunity to express their views and have their voices heard. The YAB will support British Council develop more youth-informed projects and influence policymakers and other stakeholders to advocate for youth voices to be mainstreamed and contribute to sustainable development. YAB champions advocacy and campaigning on key issues faced by youth in Nepal such as Climate change, gender-based violence, employment and livelihood, conflict and security, disinformation, digital literacy etc.
TOR for YAB can be accessed from the download section at the end of the page.
We are seeking applications from eligible youths to be members of YAB. Eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Applications are open to young Nepali women and men aged 18-35
- Applicants should be members of youth organisations in Nepal working for youths and/or should have more than 2 years of experience in volunteerism and community actions
- Applicants should be experienced in leadership in youth advocacy
- Applicants should be able to commit time voluntarily without pay for attending YAB meetings and capacity-building programmes (a few hours in a month)
- Applicants should be able to speak and write in Nepali and English language
- Applications from women, youths with disabilities, and from minority groups are encouraged.
How to apply
If you are interested, please send us your applications in the form of:
- A cover letter in not more than 300 words explaining why you are interested to be a member of YAB and what value can you add to the YAB.
- Short CV (maximum 2 pages).
Please e-mail your applications to Gaurab.firstname.lastname@example.org by 29 September 2022.