Nepal English Language Teachers' Association (NELTA) is a professional, non-government organisation founded in 1992 with the help of the British Council. Its primary aim is to support English language teachers in improving the teaching and learning of English in Nepal, in state and private schools. It now has thirty seven branches in Nepal.
British Council Nepal has been working with NELTA in:
• sponsoring a key note speaker for the NELTA International Conference in February every year
• providing training and professional development for NELTA members at our learning centre
• supporting NELTA members to attend ELT seminars, meetings and training events in other countries, including the UK
• providing venues for meetings and training courses and national planning meetings
• providing equipment to help establish a permanent office for the NELTA Secretariat.