British Council’s Schools Connect programme is supporting in the areas related to inclusive quality school education in Nepal aligning with the priorities of the Government of Nepal's School Education Sector Plan (SESP). The main areas of focus are:
- Teacher Development
- School Leadership
- Municipality Partnerships
- Policy Dialogues
In Nepal, the programme aims to:
- Provide support for approval and implementation of the head teacher competency framework to identify the head teacher’s professional development needs and provide professional development opportunities.
- Provide support for the implementation of teacher professional development provisions in SESP focusing on core skills and inclusive education including support to local teacher professional support mechanisms.
- Provide support for building the capacity of partner municipalities to deliver their school education mandates around inclusive quality education.
- Promote collaboration and knowledge sharing in school education priorities in Nepal working with the government and local education development partners group.
- Promote thought leadership by sharing UK expertise in school education through engagement with school education stakeholders, capacity-building initiatives and policy dialogues on themes concerning quality school education.