|18 May 2021- 4 June 2021
|Monday, 17 May 2021
Project Description – About the project
The British Council in partnership with the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology, Curriculum Development Centre, Bhaktapur has developed 43 audio lessons of English for the lower primary level based on the integrated curriculum of Nepal. These audio lessons are focused on developing listening, speaking, vocabulary and grammar skills, engaging and learner-centred, inviting participation from students, possible for students to use it as a self-access resource or with family at home, or together with their teacher in the classroom.
We require 6 teachers teaching at grade 1 – 3 who are interested in working with us to trial the audio lessons in their classrooms. These resources can be used either online or in face-to-face classes. Selected teachers will be required to attend an orientation for more information. A small grant will be provided to shortlisted teachers to aid in the implementation of the project.
List of deliverables
1. Attend orientation sessions conducted by British Council.
2. Use a few of the audio resources with their students in class.
3. Provide feedback to British Council on the usefulness of the resources. A template for the feedback report will be provided.
Qualifications and experience required
- At least two years’ experience of teaching English at grades 1-3.
- Classes should currently be running either face-to-face or online.
- Knowledge and experience of using audio visual resources for classroom teaching online.