Vacancy for Study Tour and Events Coordinator (Short Term)
We are looking for a StudyTour and Events Coordinator for the Dakchyata Project being implemented under the leadership of Ministry of Education, Government of Nepal and Council for Technical Education and Vocational Training (CTEVT).
|Duration||Approximately 4 months|
|Closing date||Sunday 19 January 2020|
A delegation of approximately 15 -20 individuals is expected to travel to from Nepal to Southeast Asian country in April /May 2020 to participate in a five-day study tour. The aim of the study tour is to raise awareness and explore best practice examples from Country of how economic growth can successfully result from strong human resource investment and development.
Study Tour and Events Coordinator will be responsible for following tasks:
- Lead on planning and logistical management of study tour
- Develop detailed work plan for implementation of all aspects of the tour
- Reporting regularly to Senior Programme Manager on progress against work plan
- Liaising with Team Leader and in country contacts to define programme agenda, securing meetings, speakers and visits as appropriate
- Acting as first point of contact for delegates for all planning and logistical arrangements
- Supporting participants with visa application process
- Developing joining instructions and ensuring all participants complete appropriate documentation prior to travel
- Booking hotels, restaurants, transport companies, interpreters and all other functions (liaising closely with BC contact in country for advice) in order to arrange all the necessary facilities properly and identifying risks and finding solutions to address them in advance.
- Ensuring all procurement undertaken is in compliance with BC procurement policy
- Troubleshooting: ensuring that the tour is running smoothly for individual members of the group
- Responding to questions and offering help with any problems that arise
- To provide support after the study tour such as completion of necessary and eligible documents (such as any travel documents, expense claims, hotel lists, related invoices, etc.)
The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity. British Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all of its partners to share this commitment. In line with the British Council’s Child Protection policy, any appointment is contingent on thorough checks. In the UK, and in other countries where appropriate systems exist, these include criminal records checks.
How to apply
Submissions should be sent to email@example.com with the title – Study Tour and Events Coordinator (short term) Dakchyata:TVET Practical Partnership Nepal’by 18.00 PM local time on 19 January 2020.
If you are currently working with the British Council, please inform your line manager before applying.