Vacancy for Financial Controller
This is a supporting role in the Financial Controlling and Accounting process which is a key function in the new organisational structure emerging from the Financial Transparency recommendations.
|Closing date||Monday 16 September 2019|
This role is responsible for the end to end accounting process in the country, including month and year end close, and ensures consistent, accurate and robust financial accounting processes in line with accounting practices and corporate policies. The main accountabilities and responsibilities for the position are:
- Complete all financial tasks required for the financial month end process, being accountable to the Lead Financial Controller for the pre-closing and month end closing steps, including maintenance of accounting records. As part of this the role will also be responsible for carrying out all accounting transactions and adjustments (accruals, deferrals and provisions), including Intercompany accounting, ensuring appropriate use of these in line with accounting rules.
- Assist with manual journals and off-system payments requests ensuring accuracy and compliance with relevant policies.
- Assist with reconciliation of income contracts and relevant accounts and ensure that this is completed to corporate standards.
- Assist lead financial controller to ensure that local external accounting requirements are adhered to.
- Preparation of local Tax submissions and other statutory returns to Regional Financial Controller / Lead Financial Controller for approval.
- Support in identifying issues and resolution in relation to financial accounting matters.
- Produce periodic reports relating to financial accounting for the operation as requested by Lead Financial Controller.
- Complete Travel & Expenses audits as per policy addressing issues in a promptly manner.
- Supports Lead Financial Controller with the creation of billing documents once the process has been initiated by the cluster / country operation.
- Support the process of Income in kind submissions including maintenance of supporting documentation.
- Responsible for provision of information to internal / external auditors.
- Assist in the implementation of audit recommendations.
- Responsible for ensuring integrity of cash collection process.
- Responsible for ensuring integrity of customers refund process.
- Ensure compliance with treasury policy.
- Manage fixed assets register (FAR) and ensure corporate processes are followed regarding fixed assets policy.
- Ensure country purchase contract register is up to date and assist lead financial controller in market review of spend.
How to apply
If you are interested to apply, for further information please click here.