Vacancy for Arts Temporary Support
The British Council Nepal is looking for an Arts Temporary Support to facilitate in delivery of calendar year activities, in support of the Arts Officer and Manager, while helping set up this year's Women of the World (WOW) Festival.
|Duration||Three Months (Possibility of Extension)|
|Closing date||Sunday 22 September 2019|
In Nepal, the Arts SBU has the following focus areas:
- Empowering women and girls: supporting the economic empowerment and the profile of women and girls in society through creative and cultural experiences, skills development and expanding link s and networks with the UK.
- Fostering community cohesion: bringing interactive content and untold stories about cultural heritage to communities and young people whose engagement with museums and heritage sites is limited.
- Skills and leadership: supporting the development of a professional arts sector in Nepal.
Main Responsibilities are, but not limited to:
- Managing its communications strategies and post-engagement legacy content on the organisation’s official page with support from the Marketing and Communications team
- Liaising with and managing partners, curators, participants, vendors and related stakeholders during the planning and implementation of Arts projects, focused on Women of the World Festival which will be delivered in November, 2019
- Supporting project management by updating and organising stakeholder database, project files and folders ·
- Supporting in the day-to-day tasks of the department including procurement, project
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Communicating and Influencing: Is creative and adaptable in communications; able to use a range of non-standard and creative approaches to inform, and persuade others, extending beyond logical argument to influence decisions and actions in a way which is inclusive and engaging
- Planning and Organising: Is methodical; able to plan own work over short timescales for routine or familiar tasks and processes
- Art Understanding and related skills: Is acquainted with art forms, media and history. Basic knowledge of graphic designing and photography/videography will be an added advantage
How to apply
If you are interested to apply, please click here.