The British Council’s work with school systems aims to improve learning outcomes for students and enhance core skills and compentencies of teachers in teaching process.
To make sure that the core skills and competencies that we base our schools' strategy on are in line with the British Council’s international cultural relations purpose, we have developed our own list of six key skills and they are:
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Collaboration and communication
- Creativity and Imagination
- Digital Literacy
- Student Leadership and Personal Development
British Council Nepal have developed five classroom videos that show teachers incorporating core skills in their daily teaching. The videos are shot in real time and is the actual footage of the lessons taught. The lessons were planned by the teachers themselves and selected to be filmed from over 50 applications.
- Video on Creativity and Imagination - Ashok Kumar Rai
- Video on Critical Thinking and Problem Solving - Lokendra Subedi
Also refer to the accompanying booklets from the downloads section below for the lesson plans and trainers’ review of the lessons along with the teachers’ own reflections.