The British Council and Cambridge University Press have collaborated with Teach For Nepal (TFN) to implement Teach For Nepal Radio project 'Ma Sikdai Chu' to support students in remote and self-directed learning during this Covid-19 pandemic. The radio programme is based on the school curriculum, especially English, Maths and Science, and focuses on developing the basic understanding and knowledge of the subjects in secondary level students. It is a 30-minute radio programme that will be broadcasted for eight weeks with a total of 40 episodes for its Phase One. The programme contents are produced by TFN fellows and will be on-air in seven districts starting from 20 July.
The British Council is providing technical support to Teach For Nepal in producing and broadcasting English curriculum episodes that will be aired twice a week (Monday and Thursday). It will also provide Monitoring and Evaluation training to TFN fellows after the completion of the programme.
Each week from Monday to Friday.
Monday - English
Tuesday - Maths
Wednesday - English
Thursday - Science
Friday - Psychosocial and stories sharing of students
Broadcasting Stations and Timings
- Radio Birgunj- 99 Mhz (4:30 PM - 5:00 PM)
- Melamchi FM - 107.2 Mhz (6:00 PM - 6:30 PM)
- Radio Janakpur- 97 Mhz (5:30 PM - 6:00 PM)
- Radio Birgunj - 99 Mhz (4:30 PM - 5:00 PM)
- Radio Marshyangdi- 95Mhz (5:30 PM - 6:00 PM)
- Damauli FM- 94.2 Mhz (4:30 PM - 5:00 PM)
- Radio Bijayabasti- 90.1 Mhz (5:00 PM - 5:30 PM)