The United Kingdom continues to be the popular destination for Nepali graduates. There has been a rise in interest level for UK as a destination from Nepalese student despite Covid.
The Graduate Immigration Route is now open for applications, offering Nepali students the chance to stay back for two years (or three years for doctoral students). So, once a student completes their course at a UK university they
- can look for work at any skill level and gain work experience immediately after completing their course.
- do not need sponsorship from university or employer – they can choose jobs, switch jobs, or even work multiple jobs as required.
Other key information:
- Students must apply in the UK whilst they have a valid student visa.
- Whilst the Graduate route does not count towards settlement in the UK, you will be able to apply for other visa routes (such as Skilled Worker) which allow you to stay longer
- If you are unable to get to the UK for the start of your course, you will be permitted to study remotely. You will still be eligible for the Graduate route, as long as you are in the UK by 6 April 2022.
To learn more about Graduate Immigration Route read the Graduate Route PDF Guide: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-graduate-route-information-for-international-students
Other Useful links:
- UK Border Restrictions Guidance: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-amber-and-green-list-rules-for-entering-england
- UK VAC in Kathmandu Status: https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/np/en/news/information-about-the-uk-visa-application-centre-in-nepal