The opportunity aims to enable interns to see and experience our work first-hand, understand cultural relations and foster positive actions to promote equality by improving outcomes for groups who are under-represented or disadvantaged.
|Closing date||Sunday 08 October 2023|
We are the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We build connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and other countries through Arts and Culture, Education, and the English language. We operate on six continents and span over 100 countries, including in Nepal. We are committed to fostering diverse and inclusive environments dedicated to promoting equal opportunity and diversity across various dimensions, including Age, Disability, Race/Ethnicity, Gender (including LGBTQIA+), Religion/Belief and culture, Sexual orientation, and Work-life balance.
Our education work is far-reaching and covers nearly all 110+ countries in which we do business. Our education programmes, core to our charitable purpose, are built to give people opportunities, make connections to the UK and ultimately generate trust. We believe that by delivering education programmes that are mutually beneficial to the UK and other countries, we will create more understanding and links between people, making a brighter future for all of us.
Communication is one of our strategic functions which drives awareness, understanding and engagement with us across our diverse audiences. We use insight, knowledge and analysis of our market and our customers to engage them with our work and our products and services in the most impactful and effective way. We lead the development of our brand and use our expertise to tell inspiring stories to enhance our global reputation, build lifelong relationships, engage our staff, and demonstrate our impact.
We are inviting interested candidates (X2) to participate in our internship programme. This initiative aims to empower young individuals and recent graduates from marginalised communities and individuals with disabilities by offering them a platform to acquire professional experience in a multicultural work environment.
- Maintaining a proper database of participants and keeping records of training, including arranging time with trainers, and participants, resource printing and arrangement of couriers to partner municipalities.
- Allowance disbursement support to participants and stakeholders
- Support in procurement processes (Purchase orders, journals, memos, etc.)
- Support in event management, vendor screening and vendor setup processes.
- Database management for all projects and support in M&E.
- Attendance (digital and hard copy) maintenance and record keeping.
- Acquiring consent for photographs and videography as required.
- Creating feedback forms and collating, analysing, and reporting data.
- Work closely with the programmes and project teams and identify communication opportunities in terms of case studies, social media content development and local media profiling. Support the team in capturing the content and packaging it for appropriate channels.
- Conduct interviews with our stakeholders, partners, and beneficiaries to create impact stories and case studies.
- Support the communications team with social media management and content creation. This could include creating graphics, scheduling posts, and engaging with followers.
- Help develop and implement a communications plan for projects and events, including social media content creation, writing press releases, and developing outreach materials.
- Research and write blog posts and articles about the British Council's work in Nepal.
- Must be a Nepali citizen
- A bachelor's degree holder or currently pursuing one
- Basic proficiency in MS Office
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Nepali
- Willingness to work in a multicultural environment
- Committed, hardworking with a learning attitude
We will arrange induction and provide the necessary facilities for a suitable working environment. In addition to gaining invaluable experience and enhancing your skill set, selected interns will receive a stipend to cover essential expenses.
How to apply
If you are interested in this internship programme submit your most recent CV along with a cover letter highlighting as to how this opportunity will help you in your career progression. The documents are to be sent to HR@britishcouncil.org.np no later than 8 October 2023. For any inquiries or additional information, please feel free to contact our office at 4410798.
The internship will span a maximum of three months, from November to January 2023, and requires full-time commitment.