Vacancy for Financial Controller
This role supports the Regional Financial Controller with the end to end accounting process across the operation; including month and year-end close, and ensures consistent, accurate and robust financial accounting processes in line with accounting practices and corporate policies. This is a key role in the new organisational structure emerging from the Financial Transparency recommendations. The role will manage Nepal Finance team consisting of Accountant and Finance Controller.
|Duration||1 year extendable by +1 year|
|Closing date||Monday 27 May 2019|
In the context of the management of two new company codes, one for Exams and one for non-Exams in Nepal the post-holder will:
- Manage the financial month end process, being accountable to the Regional Financial Controller for the pre-closing and month end closing steps, including maintenance of accounting records.
- As part of this role will also be responsible for review and monitoring all accounting transactions and adjustments (accruals, deferrals and provisions), including Intercompany accounting, ensuring the appropriate use of these in line with accounting rules.
- Review all manual journals and off-system payments to ensure accuracy and compliance with relevant policies.
- Perform reconciliation of all relevant accounts and ensure that this is completed to corporate standards.
- Ensure that local external accounting requirements are adhered to. This may include managing local providers such as tax accountants or auditors.
- Submission of local Tax and other statutory returns to Regional Financial Controller for approval.
- Provide an advisory function to cluster / country operations on technical accounting issues, and liaise with other specialists finance functions such as Tax and Treasury as needed.
- Identify issues and resolution in relation to financial accounting matters.
- Ensure that requests for new Master Data items (Profit Centre, Cost Centre, WBS, etc.) are compliant and that the integrity of finances is maintained.
- Produce periodic reports relating to financial accounting for cluster/country as requested by the Regional Financial Controller.
- Monitor the cost allocation ratios for the cluster/country operations to ensure that they are based in accurate accounting rationale
- Ensure that the cluster/country operation fully complies with Travel & Expenses policy and that claims are submitted promptly and accurately with relevant documentation.
- Manage the creation of billing documents once the process has been initiated by the cluster/country operation and monitors debt levels.
- Manage the process Income in kind submissions.
- Manage with Regional Financial Controller the service level agreement(s) with SSC.
- Co-ordinate at cluster/country level provision of information to internal/external auditors.
- Implement audit recommendations at cluster / country level.
- Supporting cluster/country going through a Tax and Status change project.
- Supporting subsidiaries in cluster/country on post-stabilisation phase.
- Provide financial oversight for active FCR projects in Nepal.
How to apply
If you are interested to apply, for further information please click here.