Do you have a passion for narratives? Are you interested in sharing stories of people taking actions to protect our future against global challenges like climate change?
Camera Sika x Road to COP26 invites young people (18 and under) to submit proposals for films for a 30-day filmmaking challenge on climate change topics. We are offering ten (10) grants worth NPR 150,000 each to help you produce a short film (under 5 minutes) for a screening programme held to mark the next UNFCCC Climate Change Conference or COP26, which takes place in Glasgow, Scotland from 1 to 12 November 2021.
Send us your pitch by 10 September 2021 11:59 PM NPT to be considered for the grant award.
Refer to the guideline document for more information.
Apply for the grant here
You must be based in Nepal or Nepali to be eligible. Other conditions include:
- Max age of 18 at the time of submitting the proposal (10 September 2021)
- Proposed film is less than 5 minutes in length (including credits)
- Copyrighted material is not used (music, images, clips sourced from the internet)
- Should have a bank account to receive the grants
- Should have permission from guardian/parent to participate in this opportunity for all applicants below the age of 18.
- Pitch should be based on one of the Themes provided below.
Please read the FAQ document linked below for further details about this opportunity.
- Profiles of youth and women/girl leaders who are delivering impactful climate action
- Documentation of innovation and solutions to climate change developed by Nepalis
- Stories/actions of people at the forefront of climate change and those most affected including women/girls, indigenous and marginalised communities
- Creative documentaries that draw extraordinary connections between people and climate
- Fiction films documenting possible future life because of inaction
A four-member panel will be judging the proposals on the following:
- Alignment with the suggested themes
- Can be feasibly made within 30 days
- Creativity and strength of message
- Sample of past work (does not need to be films)
Grantees will be announced on 15 September, through British Council Nepal’s Facebook page and website.
To learn more about the opportunity, interested candidates are requested to register for our virtual orientation on 31 August 2021 at 2-3 pm. Joining instructions will be shared with registrants 24 hours before the session.
Register for the orientation here
If you are new to filmmaking, we suggest reviewing all our Camera Sika resources (linked below) to start. We have videos, text and other multimedia to support your filmmaking experience and outputs.