At the British Council, your health and safety comes first. We are closely following and implementing guidance from Nepal government to ensure the continued well-being of all of our community.
In light of the rapidly evolving coronavirus situation and the prevailing uncertainty, we would like to reassure you that our duty of care to you is of paramount importance to us. We have put in place relevant measures to protect all test-takers, which we would like to highlight to you.
Health and safety measures at test venues for test-takers
On test days:
- Wash your hands before you enter the exam premises.
- Hand sanitizers are available at test venues.
- All equipment, including computers, are cleaned between each test session.
- Test takers and venue staff must wear masks and gloves on the test day.
- A temperature check will be performed before you enter the exam premises.
- Your speaking examiner will be wearing a surgical mask.
- A test taker or examiner cannot insist to remove the facemask during the speaking test.
- Test takers may be requested to remove mask for identification and after any toilet breaks to confirm identity.
- Designated bins for mask disposal will be available at all venues.
- Test-takers should take all used stationery at the end of the test.
- We request you not to come for the test if you are unwell or showing symptoms such as fever, cough, respiratory difficulty or other flu-like symptoms.
- Test-takers displaying the above symptoms will not be permitted to sit for any exams, in the interest of the safety of other test-takers and staff.
- Test-takers can request a free transfer or refund if they are feeling unwell.
- If you do not feel comfortable with taking the exam in the current situation, you can request a free transfer or refund.
- We will inform test-takers ahead of the test date via SMS and Email of any changes in their test schedule and/or test venue.
- We are currently facing a large number of calls to our call centres and request you email us with your enquiry.
- Please be advised that there is a delay in processing the following services and we will get back to test-takers as soon as possible:
- EOR (Enquiry on Results)
- ATRF (Additional Test Report Form)
Requesting Postponement / Refunds
To request a cancellation and refund of your IELTS Exam, fill-up the form HERE.
To postpone your IELTS exam, fill-up the form HERE.
We are monitoring the Covid-19 situation daily and are taking precautionary measures in line with the relevant authorities. Please be assured we will keep you updated on the latest developments at our end. If you require more information or assistance, please do reach out to us via firstname.lastname@example.org
We seek your continued support and cooperation in fulfilling our responsibility of delivering examinations to the best of our ability, while prioritising your welfare at all times.
For COVID-19 FAQS, click here.