Researcher: Gender responsive planning needs at Palika level
The British Council’s English and Digital for Girls’ Education (EDGE) programme is looking for a consultant to conduct research to map out the current gender-responsive education plans that Palikas have and identify the current gaps and the needs of those Palikas.
|Location||Kathmandu with extensive field visits to Lamjung, Dhading, Parsa and Surkhet|
|Closing date||Wednesday 20 January 2021|
The consultant will have the following deliverables.
- Be familiar with the project documents and understand the impact it has brought so far.
- Develop a questionnaire for FGDs and KII for need collection.
- Visit the respective Palikas for conducting the FGDs and KIIs with Palika representatives of four districts (12 Palikas)
- Review the Palikas’ plan and find out gaps and recommend interventions
- Collect data through FGD, KII and literature review (current Palikas’ plan), analyse data submit a report in the Nepali language.
For additional details, download a Terms of Reference from the 'downloads' section below.
How to apply
If you are interested, please send the followings to Deepanjali.Shrestha@britishcouncil.org.np, the EDGE Project Officer no later than 20 January 2021, 12:00 PM:
- your CV tailored to the above requirements (Tool developer, data analyst, and report writer)
- a cover letter highlighting relevant experience and suitability for the role including links to past researches/ need analysis
- a work plan outlining the breakdown of planned tasks
- detail budget
Please note, we can only respond to successful applicants and only within 7 working days of the application deadline.