Nepal English Language Teachers' Association (NELTA) is a professional, non-government organisation founded in 1992 with the help of the British Council. Its primary aim is to support English language teachers in improving the teaching and learning of English in Nepal, in state and private schools. It now has thirty seven branches in Nepal.
British Council Nepal has been working with NELTA in:
• sponsoring a key note speaker for the NELTA International Conference in February every year
• providing training and professional development for NELTA members at our learning centre
• supporting NELTA members to attend ELT seminars, meetings and training events in other countries, including the UK
• providing venues for meetings and training courses and national planning meetings
• providing equipment to help establish a permanent office for the NELTA Secretariat.
Nepal English Language Teachers’ Association (NELTA) announced the theme and sub-themes for its 20th International conference on 'The Quest for Quality ELT: Riding the Waves and Creating the Landscapes'. The conference was held from 17 February to 19 February 2015 in Kathmandu, Nepal. To find more about the upcoming conference, please click here.
Who can become a member of NELTA?
You can join NELTA if you are:
- An English language teacher in Nepal, at any level from pre-primary to University
- An institute connected with English Language teaching
How do I become a member?
To become member all you need to do is submit:
- a completed application form
- membership fee
- two photographs
- proof of identity (professional identity card).
For up to date information on fees and to request an application form, please contact the NELTA General Secretary (see below for contact details) .
Who should I contact for information about NELTA?
Please direct all enquires to:
Padam Bahadur Chauhan
GPO Box No. 11110
NELTA Office, Chundevi Marga
Maharajganj, Just behind the US Embassy, Kathmandu
Tel: +00977-1-4720455 (office), Mobile: +00977-9841250095
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com