Request for Applications for Local Monitoring and Evaluation partner organisation
The British Council Nepal, partnering with U.S. Embassy Nepal and Equal Access Nepal, have initiated the English and Digital for Girls’ Education project (EDGE) to stimulate the educational opportunities and meet the needs of young girls in Nepal. The project creates and provides easy access to education by offering English and digital education for adolescent girls on their doorstep through non-formal after school clubs.
In order to measure the impact of the project, we are looking for a local Monitoring and Evaluation (M and E) partner organisation in Nepal to work remotely with the lead M and E institution, University of Leeds, and deliver the local outputs for this part of the project. We require these partners to have some experience of M and E, however, Leeds will also work with the local partner organisation to develop their strengths in this field.
Who can apply:
Organisations or institutions with some previous experience of M&E in Nepal.
Essential qualifications and experience
- Experience of developing effective data collection tools for M and E
- Experience of conducting field research in remote areas
- Experience of data analysis and report writing / production
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Nepali
- Knowledge of the education sector in South Asia, with a focus on Nepal.
- Knowledge of gender and education, uses of ICT for education, skills and language skills capacity building initiatives, non-formal education
NB. We will not consider applications from individuals. Only organisations / institutions can apply.
Applications should be emailed, posted or hand delivered to the British Council office no later than 1700 hours on 5th November 2015. Email applications should be sent to Rhona.Brown@britishcouncil.org.np . Please copy in the EDGE project manager to your email: Bhogendra.Lamichhane@britishcouncil.org.np
British Council reserves the right to reject, in whole or in part, any or all bids at any time without assigning any reason or reasons whatsoever. British Council will only contact those who meet the required standards five working days after the application deadline.