Request for Applications for Documentary Film Producer
The British Council Nepal, partnering with U.S. Embassy Nepal and Equal Access Nepal, have initiated the English and Digital for Girls’ Education project (EDGE) to stimulate the educational opportunities and meet the needs of young girls in Nepal. The project creates and provides easy access to education by offering English and digital education for adolescent girls on their doorstep through non-formal after school clubs.
The British Council wants to closely capture the behaviour, skills and perception changes of direct and indirect beneficiaries involved in EDGE projects in Nepal, India and Bangladesh by producing i) an hour film documentary following the Peer Group Leaders and Adolescent Girls and ii) a 20 minute promotional/advocacy film for each of the 3 countries highlighting the benefits of EDGE project. We are looking for an experienced Documentary Film Producer in Nepal with very good track record in making high-quality educational and social documentary films to produce the films in all 3 countries.
Who can apply: Organisations or institutions with previous experience in documentary film production in Nepal.
- Experience of making high-quality educational and social documentary film
- Technical skills of staff (core film production and post-production teams)
- Core film production team should have valid passports and ability to travel between the three countrie
- Very good Organisation and Management skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Knowledge of the education sector in South Asia
- Knowledge of gender and education, uses of ICT for education, skills and language skills capacity building initiatives, non-formal education
Application submissions should include
- a covering letter with short background description of the organisation highlighting relevance with the scope of work (max 1 page)
- track record of the organisation (to include similar / relevant projects undertaken in the last 5 years. Duration, focus and scope of the projects to be specified (max 2 pages)
- Detail budget
- CVs of key experts, core film production and post-production teams (max 2 pages each)
NB. We will not consider applications from individuals. Only organisations / institutions can apply. The documentary team is expected to be creative in terms of presentation and preference will be given to the team with new and innovative ideas. In addition, we encourage applications from teams with a good gender balance.
TOR can be downloaded from the download section. Applications should be emailed, posted or hand delivered to the British Council office no later than 1700 hours on 14th December2015. Email applications should be sent to Rhona.Brown@britishcouncil.org.np . Please copy in the EDGE project manager to your email: Bhogendra.Lamichhane@britishcouncil.org.np
British Council reserves the right to reject, in whole or in part, any or all bids at any time without assigning any reason or reasons whatsoever. British Council will only contact those who meet the required standards fiveworking days after the application deadline.